The Grand Egyptian Museum announced
it has organized its special ‘Family Weekend ‘from May 26-27, where visitors
can enjoy a weekend full of discovery and excitement.
A variety of ancient Egyptian-inspired
arts and crafts are also offered at the event, alongside live music and
entertainment, the museum added.
Ticket prices are LE400 for children
(free for those under five) and LE200 for adults.
The program of
the day as following:
- 11 am – Nine pm: Variety of
games and activities for all members of the family
- Four pm: Drum Circle – Session
- Six pm: Drum Circle – Session
- Seven pm: The Animals Lawsuit –
A play for kids by ACT
- Eight pm: Acrobatics Show by
- Tickets provide access to all activities of the event,
excluding food and drinks.
- The event is open to all families with children of all
ages. Admission is free for children under the age of five.
- Tickets must be purchased online, and proof of purchase
must be presented at the entrance.
- The GEM Family Weekend pass does not include the guided
tour of the museum.
- The GEM Guided Tour pass does not secure access to the
GEM Family Weekend event.
- Wristbands will be provided and must be worn at all
- Many of the event activities are based on on-site
registration with a first-come, first-served policy. Organizers cannot
guarantee the participation of everyone in all activities.
- Parents are responsible for their kids; GEM is not
liable for children left alone.
- Strollers are not available on-site; parents are
permitted to bring their own.
- External food and beverages are not allowed on-site.