The Egyptian Textile Museum
Textile Museum is a sabil built on Al-Mo'ez Street by Muhammad Ali Pasha in
1244 AH / 1828 as a charity on the spirit of his son Ismail who died in Sudan.
It was converted in 2010 into the Egyptian textile museum. It is one of the
most beautiful of the spices. It is well constructed and decorated with
upper part of it is a school called the Al-Nahasin School, which is considered
one of the first modern schools in the region. It was one of the first modern
schools that continued to serve until the 1950s, among its most famous students
is the late President Gamal Abdel Nasser.
façade was decorated with four copper windows for watering passers-by, and was
decorated with Turkish marble inscriptions with engravings influenced by the
museum is the first of its kind in the Middle East. It contains nearly 1000
pieces of different ages, giving the visitor a complete picture of the
development of this industry in Egypt from the Pharaonic to the Muhammad Ali
museum consists of two floors with eleven halls; the oldest piece of the
pharaonic era, among the most prominent collections of Keswaat al-Kaaba, which
was manufactured in Egypt since the era of Caliph Omar ibn al-Khattab and was
sent to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia annually until 1962.
Ministry of Tourism &Antiquities